Los Angeles Theatre Center,
February 12-15, 2014
Festival Registration Time! Please review the information below:
1. Information about KCACTF Region VIII Festival 46 including the host hotel can be found at http://www.kcactf-8.org/festival_info.html. Register for festival at http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_registration.html. Registration prior to Friday, January 10th will be $75.00. Beginning January 11th, registration will be $95.00. A single day pass will be available for $40.00.
2. Additional Program Registration and/or Application Required
Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Auditions. Please fill out the Intent to Participate Form before January 24th, 2014. http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_ryans.html.
Devised Performance Project. Please fill out the Intent to Participate Form before January 24th, 2014 at http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_devised.html.
Critics Workshop/National Fellowship. Please fill out the Intent to Participate Form before January 24th, 2014 at http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_critics.html.
Design, Technology & Management Exhibition and Finals. Please fill out the Intent to Participate Form before January 24th, 2014 at http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_design_finals.html.
SDC Student Directing Fellowship. Application deadline January 24th. Application information can be found at http://www.kcactf-8.org/directing_SDC.html.
LMDA/KCACTF Student Dramaturgy Fellowship. Application deadline January 24th, 2014. Application information can be found at http://www.kcactf-8.org/Dramaturgy.html.
Program Notes Recognition. Please fill out the Application Form before January 24th, 2014 at http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_program_notes.html.
KCACTF National Stage Manager Fellowship. Application deadline January 24th, 2014. Application information can be found at http://www.kcactf-8.org/stage_mgnt.html.
Open Jar Institute Musical Theatre Auditions. Open Jar will be offering KCACTF scholarships to their summer institute through these auditions. Information on the auditions can be found at http://www.openjarinstitute.com/Auditions.html. Please fill out the Intent to Participate Form before January 24th, 2014 at http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_openjar.html.
Next Step Professional Auditions. There will be an additional $10.00 registration fee this year. You can pay this $10.00 at the time of registration or at Festival. After you have registered for the festival, please fill out the Next Step Audition Registration form at http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_next_step_st.html as there are limited spaces.
3. Faculty Workshop. Workshop proposal deadline is January 10th. If you are interested in offering a workshop at Festival 46, complete http://www.kcactf-8.org/form_workshop.html.
4. NEW INITIATIVE: ATHE (Association for Theatre in Higher Education) and KCACTF have partnered to create the ATHE/KCACTF Prize for Innovative Teaching. This prize will be awarded by an ATHE representative at each KCACTF region festival. Nominees can come from any source, self-nominees included. Nominees submit a CV, teaching philosophy, letter of recommendation, and one-page statement that describes how the nominee is innovative in regard to student success in the area of theatre arts. Winners receive a handsome plaque, ATHE membership waiver for one year, and conference fee waiver for one year. The prize can be awarded to any teacher in our region and it is desirable that her or his affiliated institution be a KCACTF participating school. Deadline for submission to Chase Waites at email@example.com is December 1.
5. KCACTF will continue an awards program for undergraduate theatre scholars attending KCACTF participating institutions.
In order to further student activity in the discipline of Theatre Scholarship, this program encourages and rewards research and scholarly writing among undergraduates throughout the nation. Research papers on all areas of the art and craft of Theatre, the outcome of class assignments or students' own research interests, will be reviewed by KCACTF appointed readers for cash awards, KCACTF National Festival residencies and professional development opportunities. Download complete guidelines at http://www.kcactf-8.org/scholars.html.
6. NEW this year: the Hip Hop Theater Creator Awards, celebrating new theatrical works that engage hip-hop as an ever-evolving attitude of contemporary resistance and self-definition; creating events for the theatre that tell contemporary stories through the original elements of hip-hop culture. These awards will recognize single Creator/playwrights/authors, author/performers or collaborative teams. Selections from up to five works will be showcased at the Kennedy Center in early April 2014. The authors will be brought to Washington DC, expenses paid, for the showcase. One Creator/Author or team will receive an award of $1000, a residency at the KCACTF National Festival, and a professional development residency. A second place award of $500 will be presented. Find out more information and eligibility requirements at: http://www.kcactf-8.org/playwriting_sub.html
7. If you would like to serve as a respondent, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you started in the process. We are always on the lookout for quality respondents in our region!
If you need anything KCACTF related in the Southwest, please don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks so much,
KCACTF Region VII, Chair